IM3-4: Exploring Cultural Values, Practices & Spirituality
Understanding Cultural Differences in Local Communities
Case stories of multi-generational, immigrant, and affinity groups provide the basis for interactive group exploration of cultural values, cultural practices and spiritual issues that may be found within local communities.
By participating in this workshop you will:
1. Learn to evaluate the sociological setting prior to planning the ministry outreach.
2. Understand the concept of self-identity.
3. Understand varying life worlds in planning ministry outreach.
1. Understanding Cultures Exercise
2. Evaluating Seven Dimensions of Your Church
3. Identifying Social Contexts
4. Understanding Life Worlds & Life Ways
5. Explore Mental Maps