IM5-2: Implementing Field-Based Cultural Learning
Analyze Your Findings
This workshop will address some important concepts about ethnographic research and implementation of findings from field-based cultural group study. Presenter will discuss team member work from sorting to compiling field findings. Presenter will provide examples of this process to better aid in participant understanding. Developing a plan of action based on the ethnographic findings will be a highlight of the workshop.
What you will learn in this workshop
1. That you will learn about best note taking practices.
2. Learn how to work with other team members to define terms, note exceptions, and create lists of findings with appropriate cited quotes.
3. Discover from your findings a strategy to share the gospel with the cultural group and a plan of action to implement your evangelistic goals.
1. Comparing Notes
2. Creating Taxonomies
3. Noting Disagreements & Contradictions
4. Developing a Strategy
5. Developing a Plan of Action