ME3-2: Biblical Diversity
in People Movements
Facilitating Local People Movements
What is needed today across North America are many “people movements” that sweep across cultural segments of society. We need to pray and work towards a viral gospel that “infects” non-believers within many cultural groups. However, central to reaching these cultural groups for Christ are several definitional problems. From a Biblical perspective, to what degree should cultural differences be embraced, or to what degree should unity in Christ be emphasized? This workshop will address key issues in facilitating people movements.
What you will learn in this workshop
1. You will learn the definition and theoretical development of "people group" and people movements.
2. You will gain an understanding of the North American people group landscape.
3. Become aware of your social resources for facilitating people movements.
4. Identify some of the bridges and barries in crossing cultural divides.
1. Biblical Diversity and People Groups
2. Diversity in North America
3. Using Your Social Resources
4. Discussion of Cultural Bridges and Barriers