Reproducing Trainers and Leaders
The need to develop indigenous leadership within the North American context will be the focus of this workshop. Discussions will include early and recent missiological definitions of indigenization, the indigenous church, scope of contextuality, and characteristics of indigenous congregations. Basic principles regarding mentoring indigenous leadership and evaluating the mentor leader's compatibility will be discussed as well as the church's internal adaptive strategy.
What you will learn in this workshop
1. About the need to develop indigenous leadership for indigenous churches.
2. Learn about some characteristics of an indigenous congregation.
3. Compatibility characteristics of the mentor leader.
4. Evaluate your church's internal adaptive strategy.
1. Missional Foundations for Mentoring Leaders
2. Measuring Indigenous Leadership
3. Characteristics of Indigenous Congregations
4. Training Indigenous Leaders
5. Facilitating Indigenous Development
6. Internal Adaptive Strategy