MA1-3: Our Worship is Artful Language
Multi-Sensory Experiential Worship
This exciting workshop will give the creative thought processes a jump start as we think of worship in multi-sensory ways using art as a means of communication in worship. Specific examples of the auditory, visual, performing, media, and olfactory art used in the Bible will be discussed and related to current worship. Participants will be engaged in discussions and exercises of topics concerning the theological approach to the arts, the arts as embodiment, arts as a vocation, and using the arts as a sensory celebration in the traditional, contemporary, liturgical, and blended worship services.
What you will learn in this workshop:
1. Each Art form functions as a language that conveys meaning.
2. Each Art form has common elements whose varied combinations create stylistic variations.
3. Worship in the Old and New Testaments utilized various art forms to engage all of the senses in worship.
4. Theologically, the arts function as disclosure, embodiment, vocation & celebration.
5. Many aspects of multi-sensory worship are missing in today’s worship styles
1. Artful Language of Culture: Embracing Art Forms as Languages
2. Artful Language of Biblical Worship: What is the Biblical Precedent?
3. Theological Approach to the Arts
4. Multi-Sensory Experience in Today's Worship: What are the Current Practies?
5. What is Missing in Today's Worship?