ME2-1: Missional Theology
Grasping the Missionary Heart of God
Grasping the missionary heart of God comes by reflecting on His mission as seen in the scriptures – both the old and the new testaments. This missional theology workshop will focus on understanding how God sends people as His ambassadors to reach diverse people groups by using social relationships, how Christ taught His disciples to follow Him, and to win and train others to serve Him, and how early believers developed missionary strategies and customized approaches to penetrate and reach people groups.
What you will learn in this workshop
1. A Biblical perspecive of God's missionary heart begins with relational worship.
2. Key points to consider as a foundation of your churches' missional mandate.
3. That an understanding of the people of God is necessary to developing sucessful missional activity.
4. That increased cultural diversity makes it necessary for churches to understand and prepare a missional strategy that is contextualized to meet the changing needs in the community.
1. Overview of Missional Theology
2. Relational Worship, the Mandate, the Promise
3. Missional Leadership, Missional Witness and Roles
4. Diversity, Contextualization, and Strategy